Discover the wow-ness of the Western Cape, along country routes between Cape Point & Cape Agulhas. Explore the southern tip of Africa to experience the creative vibes of informal settlements, the grandeur of wine estates, diverse cultures and abundant coastal wildlife.
Duration: 3 days | 2 nights *BOOK + PAY before 1 NOV 2014 Tour flyer:
CAPE TOWN to STELLENBOSCH
- Morning pickup from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas.
HOUT BAY - Wander around craft markets or chill at the beach on this working harbour.
DUIKER ISLAND CRUISE - (Optional with extra cost) Boat trip journey to a large colony of Cape fur seals.
CHAPMAN'S PEAK DRIVE - Spectacular drive along the Peninsula.
CAPE OF GOOD HOPE RESERVE - Observe wildlife in a fynbos landscape.
CAPE POINT - Africa's most south-westerly point.
OVERNIGHT IN STELLENBOSCH - Enjoy the campus nightlife.
STELLENBOSCH to CAPE AGULHAS*
KAYAMANDI TOWNSHIP - A guided walking tour in this vibrant township.
WINE TASTING with CHEESE & CHOCOLATE PAIRING - Visit to some of the popular wine estates that are scattered around the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines, pairing them with locally produced cheeses and even chocolate!
FRANSCHHOEK - Lunch stop.
CAPE AGULHAS - Travel to the most southern tip of Africa.
OVERNIGHT IN CAPE AGULHAS*
HERMANUS / CAPE AGULHAS back to CAPE TOWN
> Choose how you want to spend your morning: Relax in Hermanus, or choose go shark cage diving in Gansbaai.
HERMANUS - Enjoy the morning in this laid-back coastal town. Have a 'whale' of a time at this spectacular land-based whale watching spot. (Whale season Jun-Nov)
SHARK CAGE DIVING - (Optional with extra cost) The brave at heart rise early to go cage diving with the Great White sharks
BETTY'S BAY - Get close to a colony of over 5000 African penguins in their natural habitat.
CLARENCE DRIVE - Scenic route along the False Bay coastline
- Travel back to reach your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas by late afternoon.
> Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your own account. *The exact itinerary is subject to change, and might need to overnight at Hermanus on occasion.
Things To Bring
Comfortable/ walking shoes
Sunscreen & hat
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas
- Cape of Good Hope entry fee
- Guided township culture tour
- Wine tastings with cheese + chocolate pairing
- Penguin-visit entry fee
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 2 nights - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks ( No need to take your own food, you can buy it on tour )
- Personal insurance
- Optional extras
OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- Duiker Island Cruise (from +/-R55 pp)
- Shark cage diving (from +/-R1400 pp)
These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. All optional activities are PRE-BOOKED for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide can stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
MEALS are not included, giving you the choice to choose what to eat and where to eat - the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Our guides will show you the best restaurants, or book meals at the places you overnight.
> Most backpackers we stay at even have communal kitchens to prepare food, if you want to buy the ingredients on tour to make your own meals.
> Luxury 3star GUESTHOUSE and 4star LODGE packages do include breakfast at every overnight stop.
JOIN GROUP tours are scheduled to depart most FRIDAYS (minimum amount of passengers may be required); or book a private tour for any other available date.
Pickup time for Join GROUP tour packages: Early morning **Please contact us the day before the tour date to get your exact pickup time for your pickup address specifically.
- The transfer service will collect you from your preferred Cape Town address (within +/-10km radius of city centre) or Stellenbosch / Somerset West area street address and return you back to your original pickup address after the tour.
- Pickup times may vary by 30 minutes due to pickup delays, and passengers can contact hotspots2c if the shuttle service is running more than 30 minutes late.
- Passengers must be ready at the confirmed pick-up time to avoid delays.
- It is not advised to make any scheduled arrangements (especially flights) for the return/ last day of the tour, as traffic and weather can delay the approximate drop-off times.
Booking for [Join GROUP tour package] on December 31, 1969
Duration: 3days | 2nights
Sorry, there is no availability left for this option