Wander along the Garden Route - a piece of paradise on the south-eastern coast of South Africa. Explore unspoilt beaches, swim or surf in the Indian Ocean at famous J'bay, follow footpaths within Tsitsikamma & Wildenress National Park forest wonderlands and observe abundant wildlife in this untamed wilderness. Search for Africa's Big5* animals in their natural habitat, from an open 4x4 vehicle in a malaria-free private game reserve. Ride on an elephants' back and even walk alongside lions - Africa's most majestic preditor.
Set your sense of adventure free... Bungy jumping, walk along forest footpaths, canoe along the Wilderness lagoon and discover the abundant wildlife in this untamed wilderness, crawl underground in the Cango Caves.
Duration: 4 days | 3 nights Tour code: GR-JB4
CAPE TOWN to OUDTSHOORN
- Morning pickup from from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas.
SCENIC ROUTE 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards.
ELEPHANT FEED & RIDE- (Optional with extra cost) Fall in love with these orphaned, gentle and lovable giants. Learn about their background and behaviour as you touch and feed them, even experience the exhilarating adventure of an elephant back ride. ( ±45 minute experience, including a 10 min ride )
OSTRICH FARM VISIT - Tour a working ostrich farm. Learn about the tallest and heaviest flightless bird in the world.
OVERNIGHT in OUDTSHOORN
OUDTSHOORN to JEFFREYS BAY
CANGO CAVES ADVENTURE TOUR - Follow passageways that lead to vast halls deep underground
WILDERNESS NATIONAL PARK - Canoe along the Wilderness Lagoon for a true nature encounter.
TSITSIKAMMA NATIONAL PARK - Spend time in paradise as we explore the dramatic coastal and forest landscapes. Walk along forest trails to a suspension bridge.
OVERNIGHT in JEFFREYS BAY
JEFFREYS BAY to WILDERNESS / SEDGEFIELD area
BEACH TIME & SHOPPING in J'BAY - Go for an early morning surf or just chill out. The backpackers hire out surf boards and wetsuits at extra cost, or shop at surfwear factory shops for bargain deals on well known labels.
BLOUKRANS BUNGY JUMP - (Optional with extra costs) Face your fear and experience the world's highest bungy jump.
KNYSNA HEADS - Nestled between forested mountains, sea and curving around a big lagoon, visit The Heads, where the sea crashes through two massive sandstone cliffs.
OVERNIGHT IN WILDERNESS AREA - Head down to the beach, swim in the Indian Ocean & take a walk along the beach.
WILDERNESS / SEDGEFIELD area return to CAPE TOWN
LION WALK - (Optional with extra cost) Walk alongside Africa's most majestic predator. Interact with young lions on foot. The walk take approximately one hour to complete - depending on how fast the lions are prepared to stroll. No leashes or collars, but supervised by expert handlers.
4x4 GAME DRIVE - (Optional with extra cost) Search for Africa's Big5* animals from an open 4x4 vehicle in a malaria-free, private game reserve. (*unlikely to see leopards) = OR = Visit the nearby beach or town if you do not want to join the safari game drive activity.
- Travel back to reach your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas by late evening.
> Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your own account. *The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions run in reverse or different order. Animal riding & touching experiences are weather dependent.
Things To Bring
Beach Towel for swimming
Comfortable/ walking shoes
Sunscreen & hat
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas
- Wilderness canoeing
- Wilderness National Park entry fee
- Tsitsikamma National Park entry fee
- Cango Caves adventure tour
- Ostrich farm tour
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 3 nights - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks ( No need to take your own food, you can buy it on tour )
- Personal insurance
OPTIONAL EXTRAS ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- 4x4 Game Drive (from +/-R395 pp)
- Bloukrans bridge bungy jump (from +/-R790 pp)
- Elephant Feed & Ride (from +/-R315 pp)
- Lion Walk (from +/-R380 pp)
- Surf board / wetsuit
These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. All optional activities are PRE-BOOKED for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide can stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
MEALS are not included, giving you the choice to choose what to eat and where to eat - the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Our guides will show you the best restaurants, or book meals at the places you overnight.
> Most backpackers we stay at even have communal kitchens to prepare food, if you want to buy the ingredients on tour to make your own meals.
> Luxury 3star GUESTHOUSE packages do include breakfast at every overnight stop.
Join GROUP tours are scheduled to depart most FRIDAYS (minimum amount of passengers may be required); or contact us for a private tour for any other available date.
Pickup times for Join GROUP tour packages are usually early morning (ranging between +/-6:30am to +/-8am), but we'll contact you on the day before the tour depart to confirm a more exact pickup time for you specifically.
- The transfer service will collect you from your preferred Cape Town (within +/-10km radius of city centre) address or Stellenbosch / Somerset West street address and return you back to your original pickup address after the tour.
- Pickup times may vary by 30 minutes due to pickup delays, and passengers can contact hotspots2c if the shuttle service is running more than 30 min late.
- Passengers must be please ready at the confirmed pick-up time to avoid delays.
- It is not advised to make any scheduled arrangements (especially flights) for the return/ last day of the tour, as traffic and weather can delay the approximate drop-off times.
Booking for [Join GROUP tour package] on December 31, 1969
Duration: 4days | 3nights
Sorry, there is no availability left for this option