Go wild... Travel off the beaten track to interact with wildlife along the Garden Route and Klein Karoo region of South Africa. Spot Africa’s Big 5 animals in their natural habitat, travel on the scenic Route 62, have face-to-face encounters with elephants, ostriches, cheetahs, tigers and Nile crocodiles...
Duration: 2 days | 1 night *BOOK + PAY before 1 NOV 2014Tour flyer: ** From 1 Nov 2014 the Elephant Feed & Ride will be an OPTIONAL ACTIVITY with extra cost on this specific tour.
** From 1 Nov 2014 the Elephant Feed & Ride will be an OPTIONAL ACTIVITY with extra cost on this specific tour.
CAPE TOWN to OUDTSHOORN
- Morning pickup from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas.
Scenic drive to a private Game Reserve
4x4 GAME DRIVE (± 2 hours) - Search for Africa's Big5* from the safety of a open 4x4 vehicle, in their natural habitat within a malaria- free, private game reserve that is home to an abundance of wildlife: including giraffe, white rhino, lion, elephant, cheetah, buffalo, zebra and many other species. (*unlikely to see leopards)
LION WALK - only on request (optional with extra cost) Walk alongside Africa's most majestic predator.
OSTRICH FARM VISIT - Tour a working ostrich farm. Learn about the flightless, tallest and heaviest bird in the world.
OVERNIGHT IN OUDTSHOORN - A semi-desert town in the heart of the Klein Karoo.
OUDTSHOORN return to CAPE TOWN
ELEPHANT FEED & RIDE - Interact, feed and get to know these orphaned, gentle giants & experience the exhilarating adventure of an elephant back ride. ( ±45 min experience, including a ±10 min ride*) ***This will be an OPTIONAL ACTIVITY with extra cost, for tours departing from 1 Nov 2014.
CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH - A sanctuary to some of the world's most endangered animals, contributing to the conservation of over 40 species.
WILDLIFE ENCOUNTERS: Get the opportunity to personal 'Animal Encounters' - touching cheetahs, huging Bengal tiger cubs, wrap yourself in a python and even cage dive with Nile crocodiles! (all optional activities - with extra costs)
CAPE ROUTE 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards.
- Travel back to reach your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas by late evening.
Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your on account. #Cub encounters are seasonal and croc cage diving is unavailable during the winter months. *Animal riding encounters are weather dependent, and not always possible during wet / rainy conditions. The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion run in reverse or different order.
Things To Bring
Comfortable/ walking shoes
Sunscreen & hat
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas
- Elephant Feeding & Back-ride (**only free and included for tours traveling before 1 Nov 2014)
- Ostrich farm tour
- 4x4 Game Drive at a private Game Reserve
- Cango Wildlife Ranch entrance fee
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 1 night - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks ( No need to take your own food, you can buy it on tour )
- Personal insurance
OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- Cheetah encounter* (from +/-R200 pp)
- Tiger encounter* (from +/-R330 pp)
- Croc cage diving (from +/-R330 pp)
- Python Encounter (from +/-R95 pp)
- Walk with Lions *need to be pre-booked, on request basis (from +/-R380 pp)
*Availability of cub encounters can vary and crocodile cage diving is not available during the winter season (May to Sept). Animal riding encounters are weather dependent.
** From 1 Nov 2014 the Elephant Feed & Ride will be an OPTIONAL ACTIVITY with extra cost.
These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. All optional activities are PRE-BOOKED for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide can stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
MEALS are not included, giving you the choice to choose what to eat and where to eat - the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Our guides will show you the best restaurants, or book meals at the places you overnight.
> Most backpackers we stay at even have communal kitchens to prepare food, if you want to buy the ingredients on tour to make your own meals.
> Luxury 3star GUESTHOUSE and 4star LODGE packages do include breakfast at every overnight stop.
JOIN GROUP tours are scheduled to depart most SATURDAYS; or book a private tour (minimums may be required) for any other available date.
Pickup time for Join GROUP tour packages: Early morning **Please contact us the day before the tour date to get your exact pickup time for your pickup address specifically.
- The transfer service will collect you from your preferred Cape Town address (within +/-10km radius of city centre) or Stellenbosch / Somerset West area street address and return you back to your original pickup address after the tour.
- Pickup times may vary by 30 minutes due to pickup delays, and passengers can contact hotspots2c if the shuttle service is running more than 30 min late.
- Passengers must be ready at the confirmed pick-up time to avoid delays.
- It is not advised to make any scheduled arrangements (especially flights) for the return/ last day of the tour, as traffic and weather can delay the approximate drop-off times.
Booking for [Join GROUP tour package] on December 31, 1969
Duration: 2days | 1night
Sorry, there is no availability left for this option