Wander along the Garden Route - a piece of paradise on the south-eastern coast of South Africa. Search for Africa's Big5* animals in their natural habitat, from an open 4x4 vehicle in a malaria-free private game reserve. Swim in the Indian Ocean, ride on an elephants' back and even walk alongside lions - Africa's most majestic preditor.
Set your sense of adventure free... Bungy jumping, walk along forest footpaths, canoeing in Wilderness National Park to discover abundant wildlife, crawl underground in the Cango Caves OR touch cheetahs & tigers and cage dive with crocs.
Duration: 3 days | 2 nights *BOOK + PAY before 1 NOV 2014
CAPE TOWN to OUDTSHOORN
- Morning pickup from your accommodation in selected Cape Town areas.
SCENIC ROUTE 62 - Along South Africa's famous country road you'll capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, rugged Karoo plains, vineyards and orchards.
CANGO CAVES ADVENTURE TOUR - Follow passageways that lead to vast halls deep underground - OR - choose to go to the CANGO WILDLIFE RANCH - A sanctuary to some of the world's most endangered animals and contribute to conservation of over 40 species. Get the opportunity to personal 'Animal Encounters' - touch cheetahs, hug Bengal tiger cubs, wrap yourself in a python and even dive with Nile crocodiles! (all optional activities - with extra costs)
OVERNIGHT IN OUDTSHOORN
OUDTSHOORN to WILDERNESS / SEDGEFIELD area
ELEPHANT FEED & RIDE- (Optional with extra cost) Fall in love with these orphaned, gentle and lovable giants. Learn about their background and behaviour as you touch, feed and even experience the exhilarating adventure of an elephant back ride. ( ±45 min experience, including a ±10 min ride )
WILDERNESS NATIONAL PARK - Canoe along the Wilderness Lagoon and wander along forest trails for a pure nature encounter.
BLOUKRANS BUNGY JUMP - (Optional with extra costs) Face your fear and experience the world's highest bungy jump.
BEACH TIME - Swim in the Indian Ocean & take a walk along a white sandy beach.
OVERNIGHT IN WILDERNESS AREA
WILDERNESS / SEDGEFIELD area return to CAPE TOWN
LION WALK - (Optional with extra cost) Walk alongside Africa's most majestic predator. Interact with young lions on foot. The walk take approximately one hour to complete - depending on how fast the lions are prepared to stroll. No leashes or collars, but supervised by expert handlers.
Big 5 GAME DRIVE (+/- 2 hours) - Search for and spot most of Africa's Big5* animals from an open 4x4 vehicle in a malaria-free, private game reserve. (*animal sightings can vary - leopards excluded)
- Travel back to reach accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas by nightfall.
> Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your own account. *The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasion run in reverse or different order. *Some animal encounters are seasonal - availability can vary. Croc cage encounters are not open during the winter months (May to Sept). Animal riding & touching experiences are weather dependent.
Things To Bring
Beach Towel for swimming
Comfortable/ walking shoes
Sunscreen & hat
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas.
- 4x4 Game Drive (+/- 2 hours)
- Wilderness canoeing & forest explore
- Wilderness National Park entry fee
- Cango Caves adventure tour = OR = Cango Wildlife Ranch entry fee
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation + bedding for 2 nights - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks ( No need to take your own food, you can buy it on tour )
- Personal insurance
OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITIES available on tour:
- Bloukrans bridge bungy jump (from +/-R790 pp)
- Elephant Feed & Ride (from +/-R315 pp)
- Lion walk (from +/-R380 pp)
- Animal touch encounters at Cango Wildlife Ranch:
= Cheetah encounter* (from +/-R200 pp)
= Tiger encounter* (from +/-R330 pp)
= Croc cage diving (from +/-R330 pp)
= Python Encounter (from +/-R95 pp)
*Some animal encounters are seasonal - availability can vary. Croc cage encounters are not open during the winter months (May to Sept). Animal riding & touching experiences are weather dependent.
These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. All optional activities are PRE-BOOKED for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide can stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
MEALS are not included, giving you the choice to choose what to eat and where to eat - the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Our guides will show you the best restaurants, or book meals at the places you overnight.
> Most backpackers we stay at even have communal kitchens to prepare food, if you want to buy the ingredients on tour to make your own meals.
> Luxury 3star GUESTHOUSE packages do include breakfast at every overnight stop.
Join GROUP tour scheduled to depart most FRIDAYS, and some TUESDAYS or SATURDAYS (minimums may be required), or request a private tour for any other available date.
Pickup time for Join GROUP tour packages: Early morning **Please contact us the day before the tour date to get your exact pickup time for your pickup address specifically.
- The transfer service will collect you from your preferred Cape Town (within +/-10km radius of city centre) address or Stellenbosch / Somerset West street address and return you back to your original pickup address after the tour.
- Pickup times may vary by 30 minutes due to pickup delays, and passengers can contact hotspots2c if the shuttle service is running more than 30 min late.
- Passengers must be ready at the confirmed pick-up time to avoid delays.
- It is not advised to make any scheduled arrangements (especially flights) for the return/ last day of the tour, as traffic and weather can delay the approximate drop-off times.
Return to your original pickup point, Evening, +/- 6pm to +/-9pm
Booking for [Join GROUP tour package] on December 31, 1969
Duration: 3days | 2nights
Sorry, there is no availability left for this option